[From our good friends at the CHL.]
Research Assistant-Joseph Smith Papers Project
Type: Full-Time – Regular
USA – UT – Salt Lake City
- Posting Dates: 2/18/2014 – 3/14/2014
- Job Family: Library, Research&Preservation
- Department: Church History Department
The Church History Department announces an opening for a research assistant with the Joseph Smith Papers project. This will be a full-time position lasting one to two years, beginning in May 2014. Compensation competitive with other internships; benefits included.
Duties will include research related to document analysis (textual and documentary intention, production, transmission, and reception) and to contextual annotation of documents (identifications and explanations). Research will involve work in primary and secondary sources for early nineteenth-century America and early Mormonism. Work will include general assistance to volume editors.
• Bachelor’s degree in history, religious studies, or related discipline, with preference given to those with master’s degrees and/or in doctoral programs.
• Excellent research and writing skills.
• Ability to work in a scholarly and professional environment.
• Personal initiative and collaborative competence.
Please attach a vita, short writing sample demonstrating ability in using primary sources to form a cogent argument, and a list of three references to your application.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/How to Apply
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Apply at http://ldschurch.jobs. Click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter the job reference id in the “Job Opening ID” field after signing in.